On July 17th 2017 IPU Group acquired Filtertechnik's Fuel Conditioning division. The move combines the UK's strongest lines of fuel conditioning products and services and establishes a team with unrivalled experience and expertise.
Key staff members are moving to IPU as part of the acquisition. Their contact details are:
- Mike Benzies, 07775 531616, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stuart McKay, 07487 799274, email@example.com
- Andrew Burrows, Mobile number TBC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please direct all enquiries to IPU on 0121 511 0470, at www.ipu.co.uk/fuel or to Mike, Stuart and Andy directly.
Particle Pal PPM - particulate & water content in PPM
Real time measurement and display of particulate to ISO/NAS/SAE standards as well as water PPM levels in fuels and oils.
￼We have further developed the award winning Particle Pal by integrating a water monitor that displays water content as PPM (parts per Million) for both oils and fuels.
By incorporating the WMS500 water sensor into the compact design, you can now get instant water content levels for accurate, repeatable measurement of parts per million (ppm).
Why is water level measurement so important?
Most oils and fuels have a maximum allowable water content level. When water levels exceed this value, whether as emulsified, entrained or free water, moisture related problems are inevitable.
With diesel, the maximum allowable water content level is 200ppm. When high water content is present, a series of problems may occur:
- Fuel Oxidation
- Formation of paraffin and asphalt long chain polymers
- Microbial growth and associated contamination
- Additive depletion
- Acid formations
- Gel Formations
The Particle Pal is a self contained field kit with an integrated pump and rechargeable battery. Giving live readings of both solid contamination and water content can rapidly help determine if oils or fuels are fit for purpose.
It can be used in a range of applications and industries including mining, rail, construction, hydraulic and mechanical presses, emergency standby generation, bulk fuel storage, tank cleaning, fuel polishing, marine and many more.
To find out how the Particle Pal can benefit you, please contact one of our expert team to discuss further.
- Incorporates latest laser particle counting technology
- Alerts to the presence of water and diesel bug in oil in fuels
- Real time detection of solid contamination to ISO, SAE and NAS standards
- Real Time water PPM measurement with full temperature compensation
- Continuous monitoring (inline measurement)
- Self contained with integral pump
- Calibrated against a Karl Fischer titration (ASTM D1533)
- Integral pump and rechargeable battery
- Laptop connectivity for data transfer
- Archive creation via Excel
- Live ISO, NAS and SAE results plus water content PPM
- Compact, lightweight unit with robust casing
- Display water content in real time
- Sample direct from fuel tank, sample bottle, fuel polishing cabinet or oil reservoir
- Accurately measures the quality of oils and fuels in real time
- Accurate, repeatable and consistent results
- Ideal survey tool for field and laboratory use
- Own branding available