FS9V2-PPM: PARTICLE PAL with accurate Water PPM
The All new FS9V2-PPM unit displays live Particulate as ISO/NAS/SAE standards as well as water PPM levels in diesel fuels.
We have further developed the award-winning Particle Pal by integrating a water monitor that displays water content as PPM (parts per Million) for diesel fuels, this highly accurate sensor is temperature compensated for giving more accurate results.
Why is water level measurement so important?
Most fuels have a maximum allowable water content level. When water levels exceed this value, whether as emulsified, entrained or free water, moisture-related problems are inevitable.
With diesel, the maximum allowable water content level is 200ppm. When the high water content is present, a series of problems may occur:
- Fuel Oxidation
- Formation of paraffin and asphalt long chain polymers
- Microbial growth and associated contamination
- Additive depletion
- Acid formations
- Gel Formations
The Particle Pal PPM is a self-contained field kit with an integrated pump and rechargeable battery. Giving live readings of both solid contamination and water content can rapidly help determine if your diesel fuel is fit for purpose.
To find out how the Particle Pal can benefit you, please contact one of our expert team to discuss further.
Particle Pal Range
Please click on the links below to see the other Particle Pal models in the range:
New FS9V2 Particle Pal: Live ISO/NAS/SAE particulate readings for Oils and Diesel Fuels
New FS9V2-RH Particle Pal: Live Particulate and % RH Water detection (oils only)
New FS9V2-PPM Particle Pal: Live Particulate and genuine PPM (Parts Per Million) Water content (diesel fuel only)
New FS9V2-PPM-DEN Particle Pal: Live Particulate, Water PPM and accurate Density sensor to alert to the presence of kerosene, water or any other foreign substance
- Incorporates latest laser particle counting technology
- Real-Time Detection of solid contamination to ISO, SAE and NAS standards
- Real-Time water PPM measurement with full temperature compensation
- Continuous monitoring (inline measurement)
- Self-contained with integral pump
- Calibrated against a Karl Fischer titration (ASTM D1533)
- Integral pump and rechargeable battery
- Laptop connectivity for data transfer
- Archive creation via Excel
- Live ISO, NAS and SAE results plus water content PPM
- Compact, lightweight unit with robust casing
- Display water content in real time
- Sample direct from the fuel tank, sample bottle or fuel polishing cabinet
- Accurately measures the quality of fuel in real time
- Accurate, repeatable and consistent results
- The ideal survey tool for field and laboratory use