On July 17th 2017 IPU Group acquired Filtertechnik's Fuel Conditioning division. The move combines the UK's strongest lines of fuel conditioning products and services and establishes a team with unrivalled experience and expertise.
Key staff members are moving to IPU as part of the acquisition. Their contact details are:
- Mike Benzies, 07775 531616, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stuart McKay, 07487 799274, email@example.com
- Andrew Burrows, Mobile number TBC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please direct all enquiries to IPU on 0121 511 0470, at www.ipu.co.uk/fuel or to Mike, Stuart and Andy directly.
PPM Pal - Water Monitor Unit
The PPM Pal offers real time measurement and display of water in parts per million (ppm) suitable for fuels and oils.
It is a compact field kit with built in pump and gives live water content levels for accurate, repeatable measurement of parts per million (ppm).
The WMS500 water sensor at the heart of the PPM Pal measures the absorbed water content in hydraulic oils, mineral and silicon based oils, bio based oils and diesel fuels.
Why is water level measurement so important?
Most oils and fuels have a maximum allowable water content level. When water levels exceed this value, whether as emulsified, entrained or free water, moisture related problems are inevitable.
With diesel, the maximum allowable water content level is 200ppm. When high water content is present, a series of problems may occur:
- Fuel oxidation
- Formation of paraffin and asphalt long chain polymers
- Microbial growth and associated contamination
- Additive depletion
- Acid formations
- Gel Formations
Contact us to discuss how we can help eliminate water in your oil and fuel!
- Real Time PPM measurement
- Temperature compensation
- Long-term stability
- Continuous monitoring (inline measurement)
- Calibrated against Karl Fischer titration (ASTM D1533) up to the point of total saturation
- Built in rechargeable battery and pump
- Compact, lightweight unit with robust casing
- Sample direct from fuel tank, sample bottle, fuel polishing cabinet or oil reservoir
- Accurate, repeatable and consistent results
- Ideal survey tool for field and laboratory use
- Own branding available