Fuel / Diesel water and solid removal housings
We have a wide range of small housings perfect for removing water and solid particulate from your diesels and fuels.
We have outlined of some of our available products below;
The VF-31E is a versatile filter housing designed for use with several different high performance Aquacon filter cartridges.
Cartridges are offered for the optimum filtration of aviation fuel, gasoline, diesel fuel, oils, compressed air, and other gasses.
Aquacon filters eliminate water contamination problems by removing water from fuels, oils, and gasses. Filtered water is chemically locked into the cartridge’s inner super-absorbent media.
As a cartridge reaches its water holding limit, the media expands very rapidly and restricts the flow of unfiltered material. This causes an increase in the differential pressure which signals the operator to replace the cartridge. When filtering fuels or compressed air, a saturated Aquacon cartridge will completely block the flow until it is replaced.
Aquacon Cartridges are also excellent dirt filters. Silt, rust, and other particulates are removed by the cartridge’s outer filter media. One-half, five, and 25 micron rated cartridges are available for use with fuels and oils.
The ACA-210 cartridge, for use with compressed air and other gasses, has a 1 micron rating.
The VF-609 can be fitted with either a high efficiency coalescer element or an absorption element that removes dissolved water down to 50ppm.
It is a versatile housing designed for use with several different high performance cartridges.
One of its important features is that water removal efficiency is not affected by surfactants or additives and, furthermore, water cannot be squeezed out.
The VF-609 is also designed to effectively filter out dirt, rust and other particulates
VF-61, VF-61E, VF-62
The VF-61, and VF-62 are versatile filter housings designed for use with several different high performance Aquacon filter cartridges, as well as a variety of paper filters and coalescer/separator cartridges.
Aquacon cartridges filter out water by chemically locking it into layers of super-absorbent media. Water removal efficiency is not affected by common surfactants or additives. Water capacity is as much as 11/2 quarts, depending on the flow rate. These cartridges also effectively filter out dirt, rust and other particulates.
As a cartridge reaches its water-holding limit, the media expands very rapidly and restricts the flow. For oils and other high viscosity liquids, the pressure drop will rapidly increase, signaling the need to change cartridges.
The VF-61, with ACO series cartridges installed, has become the standard for low flow rate full flow aviation fuel monitor applications.
The VF-61E can also be used with band clamp closure for areas with limited space.
The VF71E is a perfect housing for a variety of applications, given its ability to take several cartridges.
It is able to remove water and dirt, acid and solids depending on the cartridge fitted.
No tools are required for changeout making it simple to use.
If you would like any further information on any of our filter housings and the most suited for your application, please contact one of our expert team.
- Maximum operating pressure: 150 psi
- Free and emulsified water to less than 5 ppm
- 1/2 micrometer particulate removal
- Provides protection against “slugs” of water
- Pressure increase signals cartridge change
- Material: cast aluminum head, carbon steel bowl with
- epoxy painted interior and exterior
- Inlet/Outlet Connection: 1” NPT
- Seal: Buna-N gasket
- Weight: 3 lbs., 15 oz.
- Mounting Brackets, 1 ea. Plug (for fuel and oil applications), and 1 ea. 1/8” Petcock Drain (for air, gas and aviation fuel applications).
- Positive Water Removal – Aquacon cartridges remove free and emulsified water from fuels
- Positive Water Holding – filtered water is chemically locked in and can’t be squeezed out
- Pressure Increase signals cartridge change
- Effective Dirt Removal – 98% + efficiency for 1/2, 5, or 25 micrometer particles
- Also effectively filter out dirt, rust and other particulates
VF-61, VF-61E, VF-62 Features:
- Maximum Operating Pressure: 150psi
- Inlet/Outlet Connection: 1.” NPT
- Closure Seal: Buna - N O-Ring
- ⅛” brass petcock vent valve and .” drain valve
- Material: VF-61, VF-62: Die cast aluminum head and closure clamp assembly; carbon steel shell with epoxy coated exterior and interior. VF-61E: Die cast aluminum head; stainless steel band clamp; carbon steel shell with epoxy coated exterior and interior.
- Cartridge Max Operating temperature: 200°F
- Cartridge Collapse Strength: 75psi (5 bar)
- Cartridge Nominal Filtration Efficiency: 98%
- 14 GA. (2 mm) carbon steel shell
- 150 psi (1034 k Pa) max operating pressure
- 250°F (121°C) design temperature
- Buna-N O-ring lid gasket
and outlet – 3/4” NPT
- Kerosene Insulating
- Diesel Hydraulic
- Biodiesel Lubricating
- Compressed Air and Other Gasses
- Jet fuel
- Motor gasoline
- Selected solvents
VF-61, VF-61E, VF-62 Applications:
- Jet Fuel Insulating Oil
- Avgas Hydraulic Oil
- Motor Gasoline Lubricating Oil
- Diesel Fuel Selected Solvents
- Biodiesel Fuel
- Insulating Oil
- Turbine Oil
- Hydraulic Oil
- Lube Oil
- Cutting Oil
- Synthetic Oil
- Diesel Fuel
- Vacuum Pump Oil