The S120 digital imaging particle counter is a revolutionary sensor capable of counting a broad spectrum of particles, recognising shapes and eliminating air bubbles from the counts. Many years of research and development have gone into this new sensor. Digital imaging particle counting provides engineers with a deeper insight into their oils.
The sensor has the ability to measure a broad spectrum from 4 to >100μm recognising different shapes of particles which can be grouped into fatigue wear, sliding wear and cutting wear as well as fibres.
In addition, anti-foaming additives such as polydimethylsiloxane are not counted as particles by digital imaging, this is a major advantage over Laser Particle counters which see the micelle-like formations created by this additive as contamination, often resulting in particle counts being raised by 2 to 3 ISO codes, especially the 4 and 6 micron channels. For more information please read our article on laser counters and phantom particle counts.
Get a CLEAR picture of your OIL
The S120 is designed for permanent on-line monitoring of oil cleanliness. Alternatively, Filtertechnik offer a range of portable oil testers with the S120 integrated.
Oil cleanliness codes: ISO 4406, NAS 1638, & SAE AS4059
- Particles are grouped by micron size in seven categories - 4, 6, 14, 21, 38, 70, >100μ
- The S120 counts air and gas bubbles and eliminates them from the counts
- The shape recognition software is able to categorise particulate into sliding, cutting & fatigue wear
- Highly accurate sensor capable of self-calibration
- Full integration with SCADA/PC/PLC which can be controlled via analogue or digital instrumentation