Why should I use a Hippo FilterFACT: Effective filtration will extend the life of your machinery and maintain oil and fuel cleanliness.
How often do you change your oil?It is a well known fact that oil and fuel cleanliness is critical. It is not uncommon for large machines to dispose of oil on a monthly basis. By fitting a Hippo filter to your equipment, oil drain frequency can be reduced massively.
Extend oil life up to 10 times:By fitting a Hippo filter, you can ensure your oil (lubricating, hydraulic or gear oil) remains clean and dry. This will ensure that the oil remains in excellent condition for up to 10 times longer.
Why do I need a Hippo filter?Standard in-line filters mostly filter down to 20 micron efficiency. The most harmful contaminants in oil are the sub 5 micron particles, these are also the most abrasive. The Hippo filter is capable of removing harmful solid contaminants down to less than 1 micron.
- The Hippo filter can be fitted quickly and simply by approved mechanics.
- Water and Solid Particulate Removal
- The Hippo Filters high performance cartridges allow for the removal of ultra-fine particulates and debris, thereby immediately reducing the risk of contamination-induced damage to parts and machinery.
The Hippo series can be used to enhance the life and performance of other, more expensive system filters. The wear and tear of hoses and fittings is also greatly reduced due to the effective removal of harmful particulate.
With today’s machinery operating under increasingly fine tolerances, the removal of particulate and moisture down to acceptable levels is paramount.
As the Hippo system effectively removes water from the oil/fuel, the risk of fluid degradation is significantly reduced along with inevitable associated down-stream problems.
Features and Benefits:
- Eliminates water from oil using cellulose elements
- Eliminates oil from water using polypropylene elements
- Does not remove additive packages
- Extends oil drain intervals
- Increases service intervals
- Provides continuous protection
- Environmentally friendly
- Reduces machine downtime
- Removes dirt and solid contaminants down to NAS 5-ISO 14/9 or better
- Mineral based oils
- Heating oils
- Kerosene oils
- Turbine oils
- Water based fluids